Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

MySW :2FA - I sign in frequently on this device. Don't ask me for a code in the future.

Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

fyi: Using Chrome

The 2FA feature for sign-on from the same device never works as expected creating some frustrations for user.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Category: Water Cooler

Answers

• Hey @Halon5,

Thanks for the heads up and sorry for the inconvenience. Let me reach out to our back-end team and see if this is a known issue.

I'll let you know when I have an update.

Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• Good morning, I also get two verification codes sent to me at the same time - Thank you

• Thank you for checking

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hey @Halon5. A new release was pushed to MySonicWall that should resolve this issue. Keep me updated if so or if you are still experiencing this issue.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hey @Chris I tried to turn on 2FA from the new console.(i had disabled it) .. Doesnt work?

Do I need to use the Classic console to turn this on?

Hi @Chris OK. Worked when I re-enabled 2FA from the CLASSIC MySW interface.

OK @Chris  got presented with the dreaded request for 2FA code again. :(

😞 Thanks for letting me know @Halon5. I will reach out to the team and see what's going on.

Hello @Halon5 and @Patrick505

Are you both still receiving two verification codes at the same time?

@Chris I am not using the email method so only one code. Just now I was signed in immediately without challenge...!.? But that would be rare?

@Halon5 and just just to make sure 2fa is still enabled correct?

edited March 2020

@chris It was enabled via the CLASSIC interface (contemporary didn't work as I recall).

Thanks @Halon5 . I will pass this along to the MYSW team and see if they have any information.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I don't have 2FA enabled on my account, but when logging into the community site a code got requested, I have to click resend code manually to get the code. Login to MySonicWall is working with username/password only. Don't know if this is by design.

--Michael@BWC

edited March 2020

@Chris @BWC , seems its working for me of late.. (no 2FA challenge on my main workstations Windows Chrome).

Got one on my iPhone when I attempt to use MySW App which appears to indicate some respect for the differing device access...

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Chris,

should this 2FA behaviour back from March be fixed? My MSW account is not protected by 2FA but I have to provide the OTP when logging into the community. But I do not receive any code without hitting the resend code button. Just a glitch.

--Michael@BWC

Hey @BWC ,

Apologies for the delayed response I was not notified of your @ mention of me. Looking into this now for you with the necessary individuals.