Welcome to the SonicWall Community! An open resource where Community members can connect, learn and share best practices, knowledge and skills with one another. The following principles exist to ensure that the Community continues to provide a collaborative and welcoming environment where everyone can contribute.
Yes there will be disagreements, differences and debate and that's ok, but be respectful. If we can offer you any guidance it's this:
- The internet is forever. Don't say anything you don't want public for all time.
- Don’t say anything to someone here that you wouldn’t say to them in a bar if they were much bigger than you.
The Community is here to:
- Encourage free sharing of knowledge. (Like a library or super wise family member.)
- Respect fellow members as human beings, the diversity of our members’ backgrounds, perspectives, education, and experiences.
- Be supportive of one another.
- Be polite and friendly.
- Be tolerant and considerate.
- Act professionally, ethically, and with integrity.
- No profanity, abusive, demeaning, discriminatory, defamatory, or harassing behavior. 🚫
- No personal attacks. 🛑
- You may not use this community for commercial or advertising purposes.
- You may not post content which infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.
- Content copied and posted without the permission of the content owner (e.g. text, photos, videos, etc.).
- Personally identifying, confidential, or private information.
- Content designed to drive traffic to, increase the search rankings of, generating revenue from, or gain any other personal benefit.
- Posts which are of duplicate content, whether from a single account or across multiple accounts from the same user.
- Trolling or other forms of disruption.
- Obscene or pornographic imagery or other offensive materials.
- Information about unreleased products or any other embargoed materials.
- Discussions about warnings, bans or any other private Moderation action taken against a user.
Keep it organized - every post has a home.
Do your best to put content in the correct product categories so that others can easily find it. This ensures everyone can focus more on solutions and less on cleaning and organizing. We know there are both tidy and untidy geniuses out there, we don't judge.
- Choose clear and concise titles for your posts.
- Avoid duplicate content. Search for your question first to make sure it hasn’t already been asked.
- Post in the correct product category and include relevant tags.
- Stay on topic - if you want to talk about something else, create a new one, or if it is not topic related to a product feel free to post to the Water Cooler.
See Something Say Something
Just like if you see an abandoned bag in an airport, please report inappropriate or suspicious. If you see any offensive, abusive, patently false, or otherwise inappropriate content (including posts, pictures, and videos), please click on the “Flag button” that is displayed on every post.
- Use the “Flag” button on any post that you believe is inappropriate or out of place and our moderators will review.
The more you give, the more you get back.
SonicWall employees will be on the Community to participate and contribute where they best can. Remember this is a peer-to-peer support community – inclusive of customers, users, partners, and employees. It is a place to get answers and knowledge from other Community members.
Use the “Unanswered Questions” section to identify where you can show your expertise and contribute valuable content to the community.
If you can’t find a question, ask! There are no bad questions - those exempt from this policy are duplicate questions or those that violate our terms and conditions.
The Community does have moderators who will join in the conversation from time to time.
- Moderators can edit, or remove content they deem fit to maintain the quality of content in the community.
- Moderators will be on the lookout for inappropriate, offensive, or off-topic posts. We reserve the right to remove any content for any reason we deem fit.
- Moderators will also be on the lookout for individuals who are not behaving appropriately in the community. We reserve the right to terminate any membership temporarily or permanently as we see fit.
Community Manager of SonicWall. Feel free to @Chris if you have any questions or concerns about the community.