Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SSL VPN TZ470

I am no expert on firewalls, so I need some help.

I just set up SSL VPN on a new TZ470. I am using NetExtender to connect. When I connect, I get an internal IP address on the 192.168.49.X subnet. The Point of Sale server I need to get to is on the 192.168.10.X subnet. When I try to use the POS software to get into the server, it can't see the folder it needs to connect the software.

Thoughts on how to troubleshoot this?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    JohnGJohnG Newbie ✭
    Answer ✓

Okay...we ended up having to reinstall the firmware on the Sonicwall and for whatever reason, it solved the problem. Strange.

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @JOHNG,

Thank you visiting SonicWall Community.

You may have missed below configuration on the SonicWall to reach out to 192.168.10.X subnet when connected via SSLVPN. Please follow below steps to get the user access privilege applied to the SSLVPN user.

• Login to SonicWall management interface.
    • Click Device in the top navigation menu.
    • Navigate to Users | Local Users & Groups and edit either the Local user or Local Group, to see the VPN Access tab.

After adding the respective access subnets to the VPN Access tab on the user account, please ensure to disconnect the SSLVPN and reconnect.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JohnG,

After complete the above steps as per @Saravanan, You would have to add that subnet / or Server IP in SSLVPN Client Routes;

For that Navigate to the SSLVPN-->Client Settings-->Edit the Default Device Profile-->Client routes-->Add the Server Subnet/IP-->Ok

• JohnGJohnG Newbie ✭

We have done some extensive testing with Sonicwall Support over the last few days. None of this works. We can get logged into VPN, but can't access anything. They want to do packet capture next. There's a possibility that it's a firmware issue with the TZ 470....or at least that's what support is saying.

• TKWITSTKWITS Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

What firmware version are you running? I'd recommend either 7.0.0.906 or 7.0.1.1262, though I don't know if those are available for the 470.

What are the routes in the SSLVPN Client configuraiton page?

• RinconmikeRinconmike Newbie ✭
    edited June 2021

@JOHNG Did you have to factory reset or just updating the firmware help? what firmware are you using?

• JohnGJohnG Newbie ✭

We are still having problems with SSL VPN. This new firewall has been nothing but problems. We have followed everything you have mentioned above and have called in to tech support. Everything is set up the way it's supposed to be, but we still can't get the Point of Sale server to respond. I would really like to have a higher level tech look at this issue. We had ZERO problems with our old firewall and 6.5.x firmware.

Have you even opened a ticket with support?

• JohnGJohnG Newbie ✭
    @TKWITS Yes…of course we have…and I will continue to open them until they figure it out.

Can you provide us with more information? What is your X0 IP and subnet? Is the POS server behind the firewall or located elsewhere?