Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ 350 Losing TOTP Binding After Power Outage?

Dave_The_IT_PlebDave_The_IT_Pleb Newbie ✭
edited May 2021 in SSL VPN

Hello! I work for an MSP and one of our clients had a power outage over the weekend which caused their TZ 350 to go down. All of the VPN users are required to have 2FA enabled, which is handled by Duomobile. Something happened between the time the outage occurred and the TZ 350 coming back up because all of the TOTP key bindings ended up wiping or resetting; the bind tokens are no longer tied to the users.

My questions I guess is: is this typical of the firewall if it loses power? or is there any best practices documentation that could point me in the right direction? I don't want to make a support ticket and call if this is something that was overlooked.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @DAVE_THE_IT_PLEB,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

One thing that I can suggest is to ensure the firewall runs on its latest build firmware. I would like to cross verify this behavior by testing the scenario on one of my devices and get back to you with an answer. In the mean-time, please check for firmware updates.

Thanks for waiting.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

Hi @DAVE_THE_IT_PLEB,

What is the type of VPN that your Users are using? GVC or SSLVPN?

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

Hi @DAVE_THE_IT_PLEB,

Thanks for the confirmation.

I tested this inhouse with a TZ 250 running on 6.5.4.7 firmware version. The TOTP binding for SSLVPN worked flawlessly even after a power outage and power cycle of the firewall appliance.

Please make sure your firewall is on the latest firmware build. Also, test this behavior with a power cycle of TZ 350.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services