Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

WCM-ZONE BASED / INDIVIDUAL DEVICE BASED REPORTING NOT AVAILABLE.

AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

I would like to know that, is there any plan for enhancing the WCM reporting feature? Many times informed to the Beta and back end team to enhance the WCM for the Zone based reporting & Individual device reporting feature.

I do have more than 8 Zone in my WCM as per the device segregation/location based. If i need the device / zone based report, there is no option to get it.

Last September I escalated the same subject through this community and one of the Sonicwall employee said that, improved reporting feature will be available in WCM 3.0 but unfortunately nothing will happen on the WCM reporting feature & still its remain same and the WCM current version is 3.5.8.

Previous community discussion about the same subject:

Current WCM Version:

Category: Wireless Network Manager

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Any update??

Hi @Micah ,

Kindly address the subjected case to the correct person please.

Since 2019 I am behind this request.

Hi @Micah

Looking forward your response.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Ajishlal The WNM report looks down from the Tenant level, plain and simple. Only now with 3.5.x you've got switches added to the mix of APs. You are asking for an extensive reformulation of their reporting view. I'm not sure you'll ever see that.

The fact that the report is as extensive as it is this year (as opposed to what it started as two years ago) is a testament to the fact that SonicWall can update things - but it takes time, lots of time.

I have put in a request for, at a minimum, the ability to have partner-based information on the cover pages, just like the CTA reports from the firewall. But there's no telling how long that minor change will take to see the light of day.

It would be a "nice to have" function if SonicWall had a public forum for Feedback where partners and customers could vote up ideas like this. At the very least, if there was significant traction, then management could say, "You know, we're missing an opportunity here" and implement some features faster than others. But I have no idea who would sponsor or champion that sort of thing...

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry would love to have some form of User Feedback (Uservoice) too, but I fear it got lost in the suggestion box.

--Michael@BWC

• SohrabSohrab Enthusiast ✭✭

@Ajishlal

As mentioned by @Larry the reporting available today is miles ahead of where it was when the wifi cloud manager was launched about two years ago.

That said, we continuously look into making further improvements. In fact, most of the changes you see in current report is the feedback from individuals like yourself or Larry.

The feedbacks submitted by beta users in the beta community will be analyzed, and translated to feature enhancements and gets in the queue for a future release.

I will share the idea of how to get votes for features with the team.

That said, we are planning to make further improvements on the report. For all future inquiries and requests, please make sure to submit a feedback in our portal.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

For those not familiar with the Feedback process for WNM:

Start here https://community.sonicwall.com/beta. As far as I know, everyone should have access to this during the public beta.

Select the Wireless Network Manager category link.

Click the orange Actions button's drop down and select Submit/View Feedback option.

Complete the form with the appropriate data and selections. Confirm the submission.

And, despite what Sohrab has written, don't hold your breath....

• SohrabSohrab Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited April 2021

Thanks Larry :)

Input from all of you help us to further improve our products and services. Please make sure to submit a feedback, as illustrated below

@Sohrab

Submitted few feedback about the WNM Enhancement requirement as per the customer prospective view.