Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

GMS 9.3 on running on VM Server

Lots of trouble since purchase. Old version required flash. Wouldn't work. 9.3 wouldn't upgrade a fully patched 8.7 server (TWICE Rebuilt). Now. After a fresh install of GMS 9.3, patch won't install and System doesn't show all menus.

9.3 is running, licensed, attached to firewalls, logging set(sort of), server shows as a log server on FW's, but not getting all menus.

Some menus show fine, but Device Manager Screen, I get no center menu. So all I can see is first basic Timeline.

Tab I assume is supposed to be Dashboard, Firewall, Device only shows Firewall.

Oh, and the Reports button doesn't work, basically says admin doesn't have permissions.

I've been busting my head with 8.7 - 9.3 for the last month.

Server info:

VM

Windows 2016, plenty of space, resources.

I'm at a loss as I have yet to see this product work in any version and 9.3 with no documentation is killing me.

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Answers

• Stephen3101Stephen3101 Newbie ✭
    edited February 2021

Clarification, this is only for Analyzer portion. Right now though it is useless. I have no center Menu so I can't look at any data. Oh, and I've used every browser I'll try. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, IE11. Reports I don't have priveleges according to error and drop down doesn't show any other options.

• ChojinChojin Enthusiast ✭✭

We have a similar issue when doing rightclick on a sonicwall and Re-assign Agents

The appliance stays grey with a dot in the center.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'am a never GMS'er (that's a saying these days, right?) but did you saw on MSW that there was a new version 9.3.9316 released on Feb 8th? Maybe this will ease your pain.

Good luck.

--Michael@BWC

edited February 2021

Hi BWC thanks for mentioning this. I also saw that, but could only find the Upgrade and Install files not hotfix or update file. I am currently on version 9314.1242 (the one from 08.02.2021 seems to be 9316.1261)

@Sonicwall: Can you tell us how to get the hotfix and update and where to find the changelog?

• I've installed the latest and greatest, 9.9.9316. Still have the same issue I originally posted.

• EdwardEdward Newbie ✭
    edited February 2021

I have similar problem. I upgraded from 9.2 to 9.3 and now my Control Center just shows "No records found". Anyone have any luck resolving this?

• Thomas_BuergisThomas_Buergis Enthusiast ✭✭

I'm missing the dashboard. Fresh install 9.3.9316.1261.0000

so its seems there a more affected users