Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Per-vlan bandwidth limiting

I'm asking here for my 2700s, but I'd like to do it with all of my TZ270/470/670s as well.

For bandwidth limiting, can that be done on a per-vlan basis instead of per-client? I'd like to limit some vlans to X amount of bandwidth.

I haven't been able to find any information around that.

Thanks

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MarkDMarkD Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

no you cant on the sub interface only the physical.

• Options
    A_ElliottA_Elliott Enthusiast ✭✭

ugh.

Here all these years with SonicWall I jus thought I couldn't find it. Good to know that it doesn't exist so we can figure something else out.

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@A_Elliott , you can use Bandwidth Management based on Access Rule also. In your Access Rule you can use the virtual interface subnet as the source and apply BWM.

• Options
    JosHIllenaarJosHIllenaar Newbie ✭

example : Vlan 20 : dhcp range 192.168.20.50-192.168.20.254, gateway 192.168.20.1

i like to treshold at 75 mb/s max per ip

Created bandwidtRule BW75: minimum 20 kbs, max 76 mb/s, per ip 75 mb/s

Created adres: V20 users : range 192.168.20.50-192.168.20.254 (gateway is excluded)

Created access rule policy V20 users to Wan : Zone\interface : switchVlan20, adres : Vlan20users, Service any, Zone : Wan, adres: any, Port : any

Traffic shaping : BW75 Ingress, BW75 Egress

Right ?

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Yes, that should be correct.

• Options
    JosHIllenaarJosHIllenaar Newbie ✭

thnx :)

With this rule, i limmited total Vlan 20 to 76 Mbit/s, limmited each IP to 75 Mbit/s.

So when i change BW to 300 and per ip to 75, Vlan 20 is limmited to 300 Mbit/s and per user Ip, 75 mbit/s

right ?