Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Seeing usage log

greg_incongreg_incon Newbie ✭

So I have tried searching for documentation about this but haven't found the right instructions.

We have a TZ 470 VPN system that is setup for its users to use the SSL VPN. Is there a way to see access logs. I am looking to be able to see who logged in and at what time and from where that they access the VPN. I am sure its fairly easy but finding things in the control panel have seems a little difficult for me. The company that installed it has directed me to reach out to SonicWall for support so I figured it best to start here.

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me.

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

@greg_incon , for the active SSLVPN connections you can access the info on the following page. For historical data the only option is to use the Log Events, given that the Log Settings are properly configured. Also, you have to keep in mind that the memory space for the Log Events displayed on the GUI is limited. When new Events are triggered and there is not sufficient memory space available, old data will be purged. That's the reason for such devices a Syslog Server needs to be used to collect and store the Log Events.

• greg_incongreg_incon Newbie ✭
    edited March 2023

That is for currently logged in users. I am attempting to see a login history if that is possible. Keep in mind I am not even sure if the log system is configured to record logins in its logs.