Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Apple Server Access through SSL-VPN

We have an Apple Server sharing out a RAID. It is a separate circuit from our main network. We configured a Sonicwall TZ350 a while ago. I just configured SSL-VPN on it so that a user can login in to its VPN. That user is on a Mac laptop. That user cannot login to the Mac server - says it can not be found.

In addition, this separate network is in our building but on a separate circuit and connected to a separate WiFi network. The Mac server is on that network. This user can connect to the WiFi and Mac server successfully. So I know the credentials are correct. 

So my question is how can I get this to work? Is there something special on the TZ350 I need to configure to make this happen?

Thanks in advance.

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryH

Try below steps;

Consider your separate network as VLAN as per below steps.

• JerryHJerryH Newbie ✭

Not sure if that pertains to my situation. The network is one structure. A business cable line with a wired and wireless network attached. The client connecting to the SSL-VPN on the SW will recieve the same IP subnet that the server is on. Not sure why the client cannot PING or connect to the server.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Do a packet capture to see if the traffic is blocked by the firewall or if the problem is further down the line. If the TZ350 says the traffic is "blocked by policy", you have a configuration issue.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryH

Can you share with us your configuration screenshot to us?

• JerryHJerryH Newbie ✭

Thanks. A screenshot of what configuration page?

When I connect with a Mac, using Sonicwall Mobile Connect, the traffic icon in User sessions-> SSL-VPN sessions, shows no traffic data. If I connect with a PC, I see traffic data. But still cannot connect to Mac server.

On a Mac the data above is completely zero.

I'm thinking a need to create a route from the SSL-VPN to the LAN where the server is?

• JerryHJerryH Newbie ✭

Here is a picture of the network with the SW and Mac server showing the flow.

I want to go from MY Client to the Mac server. I thought it was a simple task but I guess not based on my problems. Although I am no expert on Sonicwall configurations.

• MitatOngeMitatOnge All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

did you give the access to Mac server for ssl-vpn user properties page?

• JerryHJerryH Newbie ✭

There is nothing on the Mac server to configure for ssl-vpn. Do you mean something in the Sonicwall rules or address objects?