Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Connecting to Network Resources via VPN

tsmith87tsmith87 Newbie ✭
edited April 2022 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hello Everyone!

I've recently swapped the firewall in my company from Pfsense to a TZ270 Firewall. We currently have 3 VLANs, and we were using OpenVPN.

I've configured the firewall portion without an issue to work within the network. I have the SonicWall connected to an Aruba switch where the VLANs are set up. I set up an SSL VPN, but once it connects I cannot connect to any of my network shares (these are being shared from our sever).

I've been working at this for about a week and I am literally going crazy; please help!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@tsmith87

First you would have to make sure the SSL VPN user have the rights to access those 3 VLANS which you are created in ARuba Switch.

NB: Create a Address Object Group (VLAN NW) & add those VLAN Subnets.

Navigate to Users -->Local Users Groups-->Select the User (SSLVPN) edit-->VPN Access;

verify those VLAN networks you assigned to the SSL VPN user Access List.

Once you completed above step, Navigate to SSL VPN-->Client Settings-->Default Device Profile (IP4)-->Configure-->Client Route, Add here those VLAN Networks. As same like as below screen shot & once it complete try to access through SSL VPN.

Hope above steps will solve your SSL VPN issue.

Answers

• tsmith87tsmith87 Newbie ✭

@Ajishlal

Thanks for this. I will try it and follow up with you.

• tsmith87tsmith87 Newbie ✭

@Ajishlal

That worked perfectly, thanks!

• Hello,

I've followed all those steps but i can't add the network i need to access from SSLVPN to the client routes in SSL VPN-->Client Settings-->Default Device Profile (IP4)-->Configure-->Client Route. It says that "Change Device Profile will reset all the active NetExtender connections, are you sure to continue?" then i say "yes". it gets me out of my VPNSSL session but when i connect again and get into Firewall, the route is not there. Mybe it doesnt apply because i'm configuring it remotely from an SSLVPN connection?

Thanks,

Redouan,