Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Gen6 - Cloud Backup broken in 6.5.4.9

2»

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Larry deleting old backup will not do anything for 6.5.4.9, it might help for 6.5.4.8 and lower.

My Appliance showed no cloud backup available, MSW showed 4 of them, lovin it.

--Michael@BWC

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

just today i had to restore an config to an unwanted behavior TZ400 (6.5.4.9-92) on the "Firmware Management & Backup" menu on the firewall no backups were seen. I´m glad to have these on the mysonicwall account under the device management. This saved my ass.

@Larry I do not dare to delete any available backup. but I will pull a old unused firewall with cloud backups available and delete the 2021s. will see what happens then

--Thomas

@BWC I confirm. The Backups listed in the Firewall til version 6.5.4.8 on 6.5.4.9 the list ist empty. On MSW I deleted the available backups of a TZ500 (licenseless) all from 2020 and 2021. So that MSW is empty now. Tried to manually save a new cloud backup from inside the Firewall - not possible. So consider if you need a backup config these days you should search these files on MSW

--Thomas

• jzkkn5jzkkn5 Newbie ✭

Deleting old backups from 2021 worked for all my firewalls however I only have 6.5.4.7-83n I do not have the update firmware installed anywhere yet and will not be install based on what I am reading.

@jzkkn5 all good, but you realized that the Title of this Thread is "Gen6 - Cloud Backup broken in 6.5.4.9", mixing topics should be noted 😉

--Michael@BWC

• MOWMOW Newbie ✭

Well one month has past since this issue and no solutions yet?

Right now I needed one backup file, and boom I just noticed that not a single TZ has made a backup since 20th Dec. That's what made me look for a solution and I read this thread.

Not even having one cloud backup with the newest firmware 6.5.4.9 is bad.

We rely on the praised functions of the cloud, but not even informing the customers "there's something wrong, be careful and if possible make a local backup" is disappointing, to say the least.

The worst thing is, if you really need a backup and didn't notice it hasn't been done in a while, you're out of luck.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

This was helped me @Larry.

Tested with SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.7-83n | Supermassive unit.

Removed all 2021 Auto backups & I saw the miracle :) its worked but dont know how long this miracle last. Will observe couple of weeks and update you.

Firmware 6.5.4.9-93n (slight increase from -92n) gets released gradually, I was able to pick it up for a NSa 2650 and Cloud Backup is back in business. Release Notes not updated at this point, so no further information.

--Michael@BWC

• MOWMOW Newbie ✭

I agree, 6.5.4.9-93n seems to integrate the previous hotfix. And substitutes the -92n branch completely.

Cloud backups are working again. So everything is fine again.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Because my TZ only has two month's left on its AGSS license lifespan, I installed 93n earlier today.

It was quite interesting to see the differences NSM pointed out as I synced up afterward. This comparison was between the 92n hot fix configuration and the new 93n configuration. (Still wishing/hoping for NSM to be able to produce a report of that stuff.)

• SliderhomeSliderhome Enthusiast ✭✭

Tested the New Gen 6 Firmware 6.5.4.9-93n, the cloud backup is working again.

• mellorsmellors Newbie ✭

I've been hit with the backup issue on a whole bunch of tz600 and nsa4650 devices. I see in downloads that -92 has gone, and now there's -93n.

Uploaded -93n to a tz600, no local backups visible, so created one... oh that's odd... refresh the page and backups are visible, refresh the page and they've gone, refresh the page and they're visible... go for the boot icon... page refreshes and backups disappear. Repeat.

So, is there a way to boot using current config via CLI? Although I'm not quite sure I want to do that as there's something wrong somewhere, clearly.

• mellorsmellors Newbie ✭

Ah, switched from Chrome to Edge, and was able to access the boot icon. Interesting, I've not seen issues that could be browser-related, or maybe browser cache related, with Sonicwalls before.

Even after upgrading all of my clients' devices to 6.5.4.9-93n on February 6, I just discovered there is one TZ600 that has not resumed cloud backups.

Time for a new case specific to the device.

@Larry I'am not 100% certain about the situation, but most of the appliances are working correct. A few appliances having gaps for the automatic (you know, when it happens without clicking something manually) backup, will try to alter the Cloud Backup Schedule to see if it's related to the time window somehow.

--Michael@BWC

@Larry just a short follow-up, since I modified the Backup Schedule all Cloud Backups went through. I can't say if this is a coincidence or a real thing, but worth a shot.

Will modify another appliance wich suffers from backup gaps.

--Michael@BWC

@Larry just another follow-up, all Appliances with the modified Cloud Backup Schedule are working fine, it might be a coincidence, but the random backup gaps are no more at the moment.

--Michael@BWC

Michael - @BWC - yes, finally! One appeared on 03/02 at 03:04:12.

Imagine, it only less than a (short) month to get this working again.

@Larry isn't it nice that we can still enjoy the little things :) - despite the mess all around.

--Michael@BWC

The scary thing is, the case is still open with a status of "Waiting on Engineering" and no one has updated the activity during the past month.

i´m glad to have access to this community. It is faster, better and even more interessting. The questions and solution are real life stuff. KB is good for help. But Supportteam is not looking for "solutions" They only want to fix the things.

I've had contact with some incredibly committed and good technicians. They also saw me as a partner who sells and maintains their products. But that's what most people miss. Pity!

--Thomas

edited April 2022

CSR called today, April 8, to check on the status for one reported device.

Sure enough, it has been working just fine. Prior case activity was Jan 27...

He followed up 5 minutes later about a different device.

That one is not working properly.

@Larry 7.0.1-5052 lists this as fixed, might be related to your pain.

GEN7-28744 Unable to create a cloud backup with the error Cloud backup service is unavailable.

--Michael@BWC