Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Voip SIP Trunk Problem on Firmware: 7.0.1 NSA2700

Has anyone upgraded to 7.0.1?

This new firmware is 1 month old. I don't want to be a beta tester and thought to myself 1 month is enough time for bugs to show up. I guess I was wrong.

My SIP Trunks stopped working after upgrading to 7.0.1 - I did not change any settings.

I downgraded back to 7.0.0-R963, and everything works fine.

I would go through technical support, but nobody has time to troubleshoot and mess around with a live system.

My SIP trunks are from Twilio and VoIP.ms

My PBX is Avaya IP Office R11

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Answers

• TippersTippers Newbie ✭

Yes I have the same issue, upgraded from 2600 to 2700 but had to go straight back as SIP doesn't work despite the configuration being migrated using the online tool.

Support have recently produced a HF firmware but that didn't work either. Haven't tried the latest release yet though as I'm waiting for support to update my ticket.

Interesting that the original firmware worked! I remember spending quite a bit of time with various fixes in the 6.5 firmware for issues and until it became stable but it seems as though that was not used as a baseline for the Gen 7 firmware and we're back to square one.

I'm also using Avaya IPO (but R8) with Gamma trunks. 6.5 firmware has firewall rules with SIP transformations enabled and works.

• janjezekjanjezek Newbie
    edited January 2022

Hi, did you get it working in the latest 7.0.1, or 7.0.1 still produces that issue?

Thanks in advance, Jan

• I fixed my issue and I'm running the latest firmware.

I called tech support and I actually was able to fix the issue with the original broken firmware.

Anyway, here is my Voip Settings Page.

I'm using VoIP.ms and Twilio. no issues.