Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

TZ570P - Compatible SFP+ Adapters (copper 2.5G and 5G)

Just purchased the TZ570P. Per SonicWall's compatibility sheet it only lists one adapter that will work, their own, 01-SSC-1847.

All well and good until I looked at the price; and I need two of them to be WAN and LAN.

I saw a couple other companies during a search and they say they are compatible for a true fraction of the price. Has anyone any experience with 3rd party SFP+ modules (multi-gig Ethernet)?

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@LarrySchwenk I guess there is no 3rd party solution for this, @Sliderhome struggled with it a while back and I did not heard anything about a happy ending using non SNWL SFPs.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    SliderhomeSliderhome Enthusiast ✭✭
    edited January 16

@LarrySchwenk

2 months ago, we found the company edgeoptic.com (EDGE Optical Solutions), with great service.

They sell a fully compatible 01-SSC-1847 and it is working on the latest firmware SonicOS 7.1.1-7040. (TZ470 & TZ570)

They sell a SFP 2,5gb that is only 2,5gb compatible (will not do 1gb). Working on the latest firmware SonicOS 7.1.1-7040. (TZ470 & TZ570)

For any questions, ask for Mr Gints Golubsand tell him Rene has send you.

I hope this helps you.

• Options

I checked them out and about $50 each. I had to google where Latvia was.

Sadly I had just paid $500 for two SonicWall ones

• Options
    SliderhomeSliderhome Enthusiast ✭✭

The type you need SKU: 10G-SFP-T2 Firmware Sonicwall.