Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

NSa 4700 random reboots

Hello Community,

I have a HA pair of NSa 4700 SW units. For some reason, first the standby unit was randomly rebooting every 2 minutes. Today the primary unit rebooted unexpectedly.

I have firmware version 7.0.1-5111 installed. Both units were working fine until late August when this started.

Has anyone seen this before or can make any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Options
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee

Identifying the root cause of the reboot instance(s) will require analyzing the log data set. My recommendation is to update the firmware to 7.0.1-5119 and if the issue persists, a case will be required for the analysis and resolution.

• Options

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have penciled in a firmware update early next week. I will do this and see how the firewalls behave after this.

Many thanks,

• Options
    XPSChrisXPSChris Newbie ✭

How did you get on with this?

We also have a pair of 4700's that started rebooting around august time, we're on 7.0.1-5119 and it's still happening

Sonicwall support appear to be drawing a blank on the issue

• Options

@XPSChris - Hi Chris, updating the firmware to the latest version looks to have resolved the issue for me. I have not had either SW rebooting randomly since the firmware upgrade. I would check what patch version you have with your firmware. I have the below.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,