Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Reset MFA token LDAP

rgrrgr Newbie ✭

I am having trouble finding clear documentation on how to reset the 2fa for an individual user.

Configuration:

2fa TOTP enabled on a LDAP group on the firewall.

Scenario:

User has received a new phone and needs to have the 2fa rebound to his device.

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I am convinced this is another "problem in the making" because of the vendor's choice of vernacular.

Most people think of setting and resetting MFA, and that is what they will search for. However, they will never find the aforementioned KB article because it does not use those keywords.

Some technicians think of bind and unbinding a device, and that is what SonicWall has selected to use.

I would never pass the SW exam because I can't be bothered keeping track of this kind of nonsense.

• Options
    ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

If you've got the group synced with LDAP then the quickest way to do this is delete the user from the firewall. The user gets created the first time they log in and bind their TOTP. You would lose any manual permissions you might have set on the user, but we don't do that so it's not an issue.