Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Migration tool returns file size 0

blublubblublub Newbie ✭
edited February 2022 in Entry Level Firewalls

Hi

I am trying to replace a TZ400 with a TZ570.

The TZ400 exported settings are from:

6.5.4.9-92n

When I run the migration tool from:

"https://migratetool.global.sonicwall.com/"

I get "success" but a file size of 0 - which in a little contradicton.

I tried:

Chrome

Firefox

From within my office LAN on the TZ400 and from home using a regular Router/FW - alays 0 bytes

Any ideas?

thx

EDIT:

I did another export from the TZ400 just to be sure - issue persists... - well i still have 57 days remaining for my Secure plus upgrade 🤣

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

I just ran one and it worked just fine in Firefox (250W to 270W).

Last ditch effort before contacting Support: clear browser cache, close all instances, and try again.

Keep us posted...

Answers

• blublubblublub Newbie ✭

Hi

well that seemed to work for the "tool part"

I now imported that file and did get "network error" during import - now the new unit doesnt respond to any ping and is inaccessible.

I hope it is not hard-bricked, that would suck - I gotte hard reboot it tmrw morning and when I get ro work

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

That "network error" I've learned is because the device switched from the 192.168.168.168 to the IP address of your original firewall.

You have to remove the "static" IP you have on your laptop/desktop connected to the firewall to resume normal activity.

If that doesn't work, then you'll have to go to Safe Mode (along with the Maintenance Key) to resume activity.

• blublubblublub Newbie ✭

Hi

It seems to have com from me moving Xo to X8 and X3 to X0 - that kinda bricked the unit. I had to factory reset it.

I now imported a 1:1 migration and it booted up just fine.

However now I am stuck at changing the default password - I type in the old pwd, set a new on and then I get "an error has occured but the cause cannot be indetified at the time" - so I still cant setup the unit, this migration really isnt going as well as all the others did in the past...