Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Virtual Office HTML5 RDP not going to full screen

TSOL68TSOL68 Newbie ✭

I have a TZ-570 and I have configured Virtual Office HTML5 RDP bookmarks to our Windows 2016 RDS server. The RDS sessions open but there are scroll bars on most computers. I am can get the session to open in full screen mode by clicking the shield and selecting full screen. However, when I do that, the window does go full screen but the RDP session is only a small portion of the screen. The rest of the screen is the "SonicWall all rights reserved" black background. Also, I cannot click on any of the icons. Has anyone else had this issue and discovered a resolution?

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited February 10 Answer ✓

on your bookmark setttings please find "RDP Options" for me best practise is "ScreenSize": Fit in Window

also Test setting in "Show advanced Windows options" in section "Advanced Windows Options". Here you find also settings regarding the Native client. Means just open a netextender connection and use mstsc.exe

Is here the Screen resolution same as with rdp over html ?

--Thomas

Answers

• MitatOngeMitatOnge Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @TSOL68 ,

did you try different browser? check the bookmark screen resulation settings.

• TSOL68TSOL68 Newbie ✭

Yes, IE, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox. Tried all resolution settings in the bookmark and I even read the tech note about not being able to "automatically" going into full screen and it has to be manually done via the shield.