Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Knowledge Base - Search per category (not globally)

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I rely a lot on the SNWL KnowledgeBase and what bothers me is, that if I'am searching for something, the search scope can not be limited to a specific category (e.g. Secure Mobile Access). When I'am looking just for SMA related information, the result is flooded with Firewall, ESA, etc. everything that has the term in it.

Am I doing it wrong?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited May 8

Hey Michael@BWC,

I would suggest going to https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/secure-mobile-access/ and then using the Filter By option as below

But I understand that the search option on the top still resolves globally. At least this will give you better results.

I hope that helps!

Thanks

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @shiprasahu93

thanks for pointing out the obvious, I was of course aware of this, but it does not really help, this would just mean browse through a whole category/sub-category just to find what I'am looking for.

Maybe the search can be enhanced for that matter.

--Michael@BWC

Hello Michael@BWC,

I agree with you on the search option though. Search option under a specific category will be really helpful!!

Shipra Sahu

• MicahMicah Administrator
    Hey @BWC, not to let the cat out of the bag but we’re working on a major overhaul that will affect the search experience on the support portal. More to come soon! And thanks for the feedback.

Self-Service Sr. Manager at SonicWall. Say "hi" by tagging me at @micah.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Meow ... can't wait :)

Stay safe.

--Michael@BWC

@Micah,

That's amazing news! Looking forward to it.

Shipra Sahu