Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Knowledge Base - Search per category (not globally)

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I rely a lot on the SNWL KnowledgeBase and what bothers me is, that if I'am searching for something, the search scope can not be limited to a specific category (e.g. Secure Mobile Access). When I'am looking just for SMA related information, the result is flooded with Firewall, ESA, etc. everything that has the term in it.

Am I doing it wrong?

--Michael@BWC

Category: Water Cooler

Comments

• shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited May 2020

Hey Michael@BWC,

I would suggest going to https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/secure-mobile-access/ and then using the Filter By option as below

But I understand that the search option on the top still resolves globally. At least this will give you better results.

I hope that helps!

Thanks

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @shiprasahu93

thanks for pointing out the obvious, I was of course aware of this, but it does not really help, this would just mean browse through a whole category/sub-category just to find what I'am looking for.

Maybe the search can be enhanced for that matter.

--Michael@BWC

• Hello Michael@BWC,

I agree with you on the search option though. Search option under a specific category will be really helpful!!

Shipra Sahu

• MicahMicah admin
    Hey @BWC, not to let the cat out of the bag but we’re working on a major overhaul that will affect the search experience on the support portal. More to come soon! And thanks for the feedback.

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

Meow ... can't wait :)

Stay safe.

--Michael@BWC

• @Micah,

That's amazing news! Looking forward to it.

Shipra Sahu

• MicahMicah admin
    edited September 2020

Hi @BWC and @shiprasahu93,

We have implemented a new site wide search that might interest you. The URL is:

Currently, when a user clicks on the SonicWall website header search it will take the user to the above link. We plan to implement this also on the support portal (like this) and other key areas shortly.

So in OPs case the URL would be: https://www.sonicwall.com/search/#t=Support&sort=relevancy&f:@unifiedcategory=[Secure%20Mobile%20Access]&f:@language=[English]

Give it a try and provide us your feedback. We are constantly tuning the results to provide the most relevant content.

Thanks!

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

• Hey @Micah,

This looks great. It is extremely helpful while searching on a specific product line. Totally love it!

Shipra Sahu

Hi @Micah

that looks real promising, thanks for taking care on this.

--Michael@BWC