Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Network level VPN

I am trying to connect a vacation home to my main residence using a VPN. I would like to do this at the network level so that all devices at the remote location are routed back to my main residence, then out the internet.

This exceeds my technical knowledge and I am trying to figure out if SonicWall has a solution that might work.

Thank you in advance!

Joel

Category: VPN Client

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@joelrothschild if you have SonicWall Appliances on both ends, you could setup a VPN Tunnel for that and having routed all Traffic from Vacation Home to your Main Residence.

This can be accomplished probably with other equipment as well, but it's pretty straightforward on SNWL.

If you like to do it on your own I suggest to dig into the Administration Guide and the Knowledge Base for that or ask a Partner of your Choice.

--Michael@BWC

Answers

• Thank you Michael - I really appreciate your response. I remember doing something similar with Cisco a long time ago.

Can the SonicWall Appliances be configured to automatically connect? I.e., after a power or service interruption?

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@joelrothschild the VPN Tunnel (I prefer Tunnel Interface over Site-to-Site) automatically comes back up when the internet connection is available. So connectivity/power outages are not much of a deal here.

--Michael@BWC