Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ670 Max DPI-SSL Connections not correct

The specs show the Max DPI SSL Connections on the TZ670 as 75,000. See page 6.

https://www.sonicwall.com/medialibrary/en/datasheet/sonicwall-tz-series-gen-7.pdf

My TZ670 lists only 30,000 under /Policy/DPI-SSL/Client SSL

Why does it not list 75,000?

i saw a youtube video of the 670 and it showed the 75,000

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @RINCONMIKE,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

I tested this scenario on one of my TZ 670's and found that the max DPI-SSL connections are 30000. The same is confirmed from the TSR of my firewall. My firewall runs on 6.5.4.7 latest firmware version. What about yours?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• RinconmikeRinconmike Newbie ✭

I did not think the new Gen 7 ran 6.5.

My TZ 670 is running the latest release of

Firmware Version

SonicOS 7.0.1-R1262

Hi @Rinconmike,

It was my bad. Wrong window. My firewall also runs on version SonicOS 7.0.1-R1262. Apologies once again. The datasheet needs to be corrected I guess, let me have this checked and update this post here.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

Maybe it is a firmware bug?

There is a Youtube video the person confirmed he has a TZ670 and it shows 75000

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

this is an interessting discussion, if 30K should be the correct value for a TZ 670, what will be the values for the other Gen7 devices? Even a TZ 370 is already listed with 30K. This would mean only 5K more connections than a Gen6 device? Hmm.

75K was the official value communicated to the Partners when introducing Gen7, so I guess it's a software limitation?

--Michael@BWC

Hi @Rinconmike & @BWC,

I'll check this with corresponding resource and update the thread here. Please standby.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

I just updated the firmware to SonicOS 7.0.1-R1456 and the same30,000 connections.

Any more info on this?

Hi @RINCONMIKE,

Sorry for the delay in response. I had verified this but forgot to update the post. My Bad!!!

At this moment, we would need to take help from the back-end team in-order to accommodate the value defined in the datasheet. Please approach our support team for assistance on this request.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Saravanan I'am not a native english speaker and get confused all the time, but what does this even mean? Is it 75K or just 30K, which would be wrongful advertising? Why does a simple question end up in a support case?

--Michael@BWC

Hi @BWC,

Whatever is given in the Datasheet is the right one. The reason I asked to open up a support case is to report this incorrect value and get it corrected from the right resource.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

I opened the support case weeks ago. So real answer from support. Just that my device and the lab devices show 30,000. I asked support to test lab devices on previous firmware to see if it shows the 75,000. I provided the youtube link form a sonicwall rep demonstrating SSL on a 670 and the screen shows his is 75,000. this was Jan 21 timeframe the video was posted.