Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender - set vpn default profile

suptransuptran Newbie ✭

I'm testing a Windows 10 deployment using Intune/Autopilot. As part of the Win10 deployment i'm including the latest NetExtender app/msi . The Autopilot sequence seems to be working well. The computer is successfully hybrid AD joined and the NetExtender is installed on the target pc. The problem is the NetExtender client is installed without the 'default server' or 'default domain' values as its deployed silently via msiexec. I tried including the following script to add a reg string which should set the default vpn profile but it's not working.

Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SonicWall\SSL-VPN NetExtender\Standalone\Profiles\" /v defaultProfile /t REG_SZ /d vpn.somedomain.com(domain.local) /f

Has anyone successfully deployed the NetExtender msi and also managed to set the default server address and domain?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @suptran

Create a batch file with below script and configure it on startup. Assuming you already deployed the MSI & the certificate.

%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\SonicWAll\SSL-VPN\NetExtender\NECLI.exe addprofile -s 192.168.100.1:4433 -u %UserName% -d LocalDomain

Just replace 192.168.100.1:4433 with the desired server IP address as well as LocalDomain with the desired Domain.

If you need script for 64bit & 32bit, let me know.