Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

NetExtender - set vpn default profile

suptransuptran Newbie ✭

I'm testing a Windows 10 deployment using Intune/Autopilot. As part of the Win10 deployment i'm including the latest NetExtender app/msi . The Autopilot sequence seems to be working well. The computer is successfully hybrid AD joined and the NetExtender is installed on the target pc. The problem is the NetExtender client is installed without the 'default server' or 'default domain' values as its deployed silently via msiexec. I tried including the following script to add a reg string which should set the default vpn profile but it's not working.

Reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SonicWall\SSL-VPN NetExtender\Standalone\Profiles\" /v defaultProfile /t REG_SZ /d vpn.somedomain.com(domain.local) /f

Has anyone successfully deployed the NetExtender msi and also managed to set the default server address and domain?

Category: SSL VPN

Answers

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @suptran

Create a batch file with below script and configure it on startup. Assuming you already deployed the MSI & the certificate.

%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\SonicWAll\SSL-VPN\NetExtender\NECLI.exe addprofile -s 192.168.100.1:4433 -u %UserName% -d LocalDomain

Just replace 192.168.100.1:4433 with the desired server IP address as well as LocalDomain with the desired Domain.

If you need script for 64bit & 32bit, let me know.

• TriceTrice Newbie ✭

Ajshlal - I am able to successfully run the NECLI command and create the profile, however they don't show up in the drop down list when trying to connect. Any suggestions?

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Trice

are you created multiple profile & looking the drop down menu for choosing the profile?

• kannancskannancs Newbie ✭

Hi Ajishlal,

I am working for new customer to configure the Autopilot project for Windows 10. I need your help on VPN connection for Hybrid AD join. Could you please provide the VPN script to install and connect the VPN using System profile.

and also guide us if any additional configuration is required from VPN configuration

• suptransuptran Newbie ✭

Quick update... we gave up on the NetExtender deployment. Although we had no problem pushing out the msi via Intune we couldn't figure out a way to push out the vpn profile. In the end we built a Windows Server and setup a Microsoft Always On Vpn.

• kannancskannancs Newbie ✭

Hi,

You have used Microsoft VPN instead of Extender for Hybrid AD join, is my understanding is correct?

• suptransuptran Newbie ✭

Yes, that is correct.

We setup Microsoft AOVPN (two servers, NPS and RRAS) as outlined here;

We then use Intune to push out the vpn profile and certificate to all workstations. It works well, however, we now have two additional servers to manage/maintain.

• WillD44WillD44 Newbie ✭

Was the original issue ever solved? I have the same issue. Even when using the MSI directly on a Windows 10 computer, the default profile doesn't get created.