Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

TZ370 Lockups

I have installed 2 TZ370's and 2 TZ270's and different customer locations. So far both of the TZ370's have locked up and had to be power cycled before getting them online again. One of the TZ270's has done this once that I know of. I have updated both of the TZ370's to the latest firmware. Today one of them locked up again. With everyone working remotely these days there isn't always someone at the office to power cycle the device.

Has anyone else experienced lockups with these devices? I talked to support and was told they are unaware of any such issues.

Thanks,

Dan

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• LarryLarry Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Following...

• TKWITSTKWITS Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
    edited March 17

Two TZ570's we reportedly troublesome today, but I didn't deal with the issue directly. They were eventually rebooted by manual power cycle. Both are fully licensed with various security services enabled. Other 570's without security services didn't exhibit this behaviour.

Also of note, the two that did are locally managed, the others that didn't are cloud managed.

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @NTI,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Are these TZ's a new deployment or settings copied from a SonicWall to these? Since when the issue persists? Did the support team not analyze the logs to locate the reason for the lockup? Please share the support case number in which you got assistance from our support team.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• NTINTI Newbie ✭

On average it has been about 2 weeks between lockups. These are new deployments. The configurations were manually entered and not copied from another Sonicwall. These devices are locally managed. I had sent log files from one of the devices to support . They reported they cannot find anything that would cause the device to lockup. The case number is43630159.

i tried to collect logs using the console port but was unable to. I was using a Cisco console cable but was unable to get it to connect. I was sent a cable from Sonicwall which I will try next time.

Hi @NTI,

Thanks for the case number.

I see the TSR on the support case and it looks good with no violations. Next time, along with TSR I would recommend you to collect the tracelogs and system logs from the appliance and attach those to the support case for better dig on the issue.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• NTINTI Newbie ✭

I had another lock up today on a TZ370. I'll be attaching logs to the case.

I was not able to get logs using a console connection because the customer did not want to wait until I got there to gather the logs. They needed to be back up and operational ASAP.

Hi @NTI,

Sorry to hear that the issue happened once again.

I would say we have to get the logs to identify the root cause and drive towards a permanent solution.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services