Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Why has MySonicWall started dropping firmware suffixes?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Added a new device two weeks ago. Updated firmware to 83n last week.

Now MySonicWall is no longer showing the firmware suffix for those devices.

I had to open a case about ONE device not long ago and it took several weeks a) before the request was understood and b) the corrective action taken.

Any clue as to how to get more than one device handled without opening two separate cases (and then more for each device I plan to update this weekend)?

And can anyone explain why the back-end is dropping the suffix in the first place?

Category: MySonicWall

Answers

• VivekVivek SonicWall Employee

Hello Larry,

Thank you for the screenshot to describe the problem with the firmware version suffixes. I will check up on this with the appropriate team.

Would you be able to please elaborate a little more on the Issue about the opening of two cases and more for each of the devices to be updated ?

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.

To explain: Using MySonicWall to report a problem, click Resources & Support, then Support. There, click Create a Case, and you must select the device affected or provide a device serial number. There is no "MySonicWall" category - as far as I know - to report a problem with the interface itself. Thus, to report this problem, I would need to open up one case for each affected device. That is, unless the CSR is willing to "combine" additional serial numbers in the case. And the likelihood of that happening is frequently (I'm sorry to say) pretty low...

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Oh, and @Vivek - the Product Details page is now missing the suffix also!

Here's hoping you can get this fixed soon...

• VivekVivek SonicWall Employee

Hello Larry ,

Thank you for the response and for giving us clarity on this.

The suffix issue is currently being looked into. I have brought this forward to the appropriate team for the review.

For any mysonicwall.com related Issues and we can take this particular Issue as an example, you can create a single case with any serial number and give us a summary of the issue with mysonicwall.com and then we would internally work and route the ticket as needed.

You don't need to create individual tickets against each serial. A single case will help us to start working on the item.

Regards

Vivek