Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How is the WiFi Cloud Manager designed/configured?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I have a basic question about the WiFi Cloud Manager.

Is it configured on a MySonicWall per-tenant basis?

Or is it designed to be a single-pane of glass in itself in which multiple tenants are configured?

Example of 1: MSW leads to Tenant1, Tenant2, Tenant3 - and Tenant1 leads to WCM1, Tenant2 leads to WCM2, Tenant3 leads to MCW3.

Example of 2: MSW leads to Tenant1, Tenant2, Tenant3 - and WCM has Tenant1, Tenant2, Tenant3 as separate Locations.

I'm simply not clear about this based on the documentation I have been reading.

Thanks!

Category: Wireless Network Manager

Comments

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Larry

Your example of 2 is correct. Single MSW you can create multiple tenant (1,2,3) & WCM you will get drop down option to choose your appropriate tenant.

See the below screenshot fyr;

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Ajishlal so what you are showing will only be possible after I get more than one tenant with WiFi devices?

Because I can't get to a URL at wcm.sonicwall/com/m/devices/clients at all...

Hi @Larry

I am telling that, If you have multiple tenant under single MSW, You would have to choose as above shown the picture.

For login to the WCM follow the below link; Once you login and if you have multiple tenant follow the above shown picture to choose each tenant.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Ajishlal I can get to my CSC portal using the cloud.sw url.

But as noted here, https://community.sonicwall.com/technology-and-support/discussion/1066/confused-about-the-order-of-adding-sonicwaves-to-wcm#latest, I cannot access the WiFi Cloud Manager (WCM) unless there is a device registered.

So I posted this thread because I'm not sure how the portals are configured.

Still and all - without at least one device at each tenant, I can't access what this is supposed to look like...

@Larry

Recommended to contact your local SonicWALL supplier to get a POC of WCM & sonicwave.

During the POC you can access and see the all features of WCM.

• AteefAteef Moderator

@Larry

There are couple of ways tenants and WCM can be setup based on the use cases. If your requirement is to have single tenant and then you have multiple buildings or locations and you want to manage it all through single tenant then you can have single tenant in MySonicWall and then under WCM use Zones . In this you will be able to manage all Zone Devices through one single tenant.

You may want to create Multiple tenants for use cases below;

• If you are a customer and want to manage multiple business units for your company and each BU you want to have completely different policies, zones, security etc then you may create multiple Tenants under MySonicWall and use seperate Tenants for each Business Unit .
    • For MSSPs, each tenant can be a customer. So MSSPs can manage multiple tenants by creating them on MySonicWall and use the tenant based configuration in WCM.

If there is no AP registerered under the Tenant you will only have access to Wifi Cloud Manager. If you want to have a look and feel of the WCM and dont have a SonicWave with you then you may explore https://livedemo.sonicwall.com and under Wireless you can have read-only access to WCM.