Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Cloud Backup - error

Hello

we have a NSA 3600 whit firmware SonicOS Enhanced 6.5.4.6-79n

The cloud backup has always worked, now if I try to make a manual backup it goes into error:

Error: Failed to upload preference backup file. [Cloud service connection failed [-11]]

In the diagnostic the my sonicwall etc it's working

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @amarvulli,

Please make sure that you are using public DNS servers like 8.8.8.8 on the firewall and test again. If that does not help, please reach out to our support team and we can check if there is some communication issue with the back-end.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello @amarvulli - I am about to write a ticket for our Engineering team to look into this. We have customer cases reporting this, and our lab firewalls also fail. We get this UI error:

Status: Error: Failed to upload preference backup file. [MSWAPP:FILEUPLOADFAIL]

I will update this thread once this is done.

• AjishlalAjishlal Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @John_Lasersohn @shiprasahu93

The Cloud Auto backup also stopped since 7th of this month.

OS 6.5.4.6-79n also having same issue.

• AjishlalAjishlal Enthusiast ✭✭

Hi @John_Lasersohn

Thanks for your prompt support. The issue has been resolved and I can see the today successful backup on my NSA.👍️

• amarvulliamarvulli Newbie ✭
    edited September 10

Hi @John_Lasersohn

as

@Ajishlal i checked and the automatic and manual backup are working correctly now!

Thanks for the support

• StephenStephen Newbie ✭

I also have this issue, on sw_tz-350__eng_6.5.4.6-79n.

Sadly its not revolved itself, has anyone done anything to fix this?

• StephenStephen Newbie ✭

I have opened a case and they have taken logs and say it should fix itself within a few days..

• Hello @Stephen - for future reference, the cloud backups use HTTPS to wsdl.mysonicwall.com [204.212.170.212], they can be seen on packet captures on the firewall if you choose Firewall-Generated packets inside the Advanced tab. If not resolved, captures of that may be helpful.