Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Require OID for WAN link monitoring

We are doing Metadata (Monitoring tool ) POC at one of our customer sites. For this, we require OID from SonicWall for failover and load balancing monitoring. I downloaded SNMP MIB files from the Mysonicwall account but I couldn't get OID for wan monitoring.

Kindly let me know from where I can find it.

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• SITWIFISITWIFI Newbie ✭

Hi Darshil

Are you looking for an OID to monitor when one link of the "Failover Group" fails ?? or what are you looking for of the failover specifically?

Regards.

Julio Acevedo

• DarshilDarshil Newbie ✭

Yes, We require OID to monitor when one link goes down in failover and load balancing.

• ArkwrightArkwright All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

SONICWALL-FIREWALL-TRAP-MIB.MIB

trapTypeWlbFailover                                            (651), -- WLB Failover in progress

trapTypeWlbFailback                                            (652), -- WLB Failback initiated by %s

trapTypeWlbResourceAvailable                   (653), -- WLB Resource is now available

trapTypeWlbResourceFailed                              (654), -- WLB Resource failed

trapTypeEnhWfoFailback                                       (10004), -- WLB Failback initiated by %s

trapTypeEnhWlbOnSpill                                        (10006), -- "WLB Spill-over started, configured threshold exceeded"

trapTypeEnhWlbOffSpill                                       (10007), -- WLB Spill-over stopped

trapTypeEnhWlbFailover                                       (10008), -- WLB Failover in progress

trapTypeEnhWlbResourceAvailable                              (10009), -- WLB Resource is now available

trapTypeEnhWlbResourceFailed                                 (10010), -- WLB Resource failed

• 1rd4fCH1rd4fCH Newbie ✭

How de we find the full OID? We tried to snmpwalk our sonicwall but couldn't find any value like e.g. trapTypeWlbResourceAvailable (653).

Regards.

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@1rd4fCH SNMP isn't the strong suit and IMHO the mentioned trap values cannot be gathered by snmpget etc ... they are supposed to be send via trap but I'am not sure if this is even working.

The OID will be in the range of .1.3.6.1.4.1.8741.1.1.1.1.5 if I'am not mistaken.

But trap is key here, there is no way go poll the data.

--MIchael@BWC