Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Stability of Gen 7 SonicOS and NSa 2700

We need to upgrade our old NSA 250M SonicWall firewall and are considering the new NSa 2700. I'm concerned, though, about its stability given how new it is, as well as the newness of SonicOS 7. Do any of you have experience with the 2700? I'm also wondering what the latest version of SonicOS 7 is. Is it still 7.0.0 or is it at least 7.0.1? I've always avoided X.0.0 releases of anything, let alone a border firewall upon which our entire organization depends. Thanks for any insight you can offer.

Harvard Townsend, Wheaton College

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    MicahMicah admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @hctownsend,

I believe you have connected offline with one of our SonicWall account managers. If so, can you mark this question as answered? If you need further assistance please let us know!

Kind Regards,

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

Answers

• Hello Harvard, welcome to the community!

Let me loop in a few folks that can provide their 2 cents 😀

Kind Regards,

• SonicWall20SonicWall20 SonicWall Employee

Harvard,

Thanks for expressing your interest in SonicWall's NSA 2700. This is one of our newer releases but not the first of our Gen 7 Firewalls or OS. I'd love to speak with you about your upgrade plans to help determine if the NSA 2700 is a good fit for your environment & use case. I'll reach out to you by phone shortly to see if we can schedule a call to discuss further.

Regards,

Bill Feinsot

Territory Account Manager - IL

• Thanks, Bill. I'm in meetings all afternoon today. Can we schedule a time to talk tomorrow? Are you available at 2:45 pm central time?

Thanks, Harvard

• Yes, I've connected with our local account manager. You can consider this question answered.

• PRCITGroupPRCITGroup Newbie ✭

If you are planning HA be careful currently very unstable. Been trying to get our Primary back online with no solution so far.

• Hello @PRCITGroup,

I hope you are well.

I'm sorry to hear about this inconvenience. I recently PM'd you asking for your case number. Please let me know so that I can triage with our support leadership.

Kind Regards,

• PRCITGroupPRCITGroup Newbie ✭
    edited June 2021

For those how are considering NSA 2700 with HA, if you are planning on using HA services on the NSA 2700's Just be aware of know issues and reliability. We have decided not to continue using the Sonicwall Gen 7 series. We feel the product feature of HA is not ready for market and unreliable. For those not needing HA I'm sure the firewall works well, that being said SonicWall will eventually correct these issues. We have used SonicWall for many years and currently use NSA 2600's in our NY data center and NV Warehouse. This might just be a temporary trend for SonicWall but in time everything will be corrected.

• Hi all,

Have the HA issues been corrected by SonicWall?

Recently deployed a pair of NSa 2700 and getting a lot of issues with HA, firewall freeze..