Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

ES Firmware upgrade - ... still processing mail forever

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

while updating another virtual ES to 10.0.10 I was thinking how long should I wait until to give up staring on the "Email Security is still processing mail" message? @David W any hint?

I always have a bad feeling interrupting the process, the KB article only describes the steps AFTER deciding it takes to long.

When logging in from another Browser the ES states "Services are about to be restarted. Please save all of your changes immediately and logout."

What is the real proper way to handle this situation? In the past I gave up after a while and restarted the appliance.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Email Security Appliances

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    David WDavid W SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

It shouldn;t take very long to complete.

If you still see it after 10 minutes log back in, reboot it manually and reapply the upgrade.

Keep in mind you cannot have a renamed file, it has to be the exact name we give it when downloaded to work.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thanks @David W 10 minutes it is, today I lost it after 50 minutes, did the reboot and the 2nd attempt was successful. File name was unaltered, so no problem here. An Update in (kinda) progress is nothing I usually wanna mess with :)

--Michael@BWC

• David WDavid W SonicWall Employee

If you had the WEB UI logs in debug it would have listed some kind of reason in there for the failure to run.

In many cases it has run out of memory which is why the reboot then allows it to work.

David Wilbur

Technical Support Senior Advisor, Premier Services , SME Email Security