Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Global VPN Client by ETHERNET

Hello,

this happens on all my computers. If I use my GVC enabling my connection, using my wireless interface, everything works fine. But if I use a wired (ethernet) connection to my router, it doesn`t work.

Using ethernet connection to my router, I can enable vpn, and I can ping remote resources, but I can`t use other services, like http or RDP to remote resources.

The only difference is the network adaptor I am using.

Has anyone of you experienced this problem?

Thanks for your time.

Category: VPN Client

Answers

• Hello @SWuservpn,

Please check if the IP addresses overlap between your remote resources and the Ethernet. It is possible that the wireless network is totally different than what you have on the remote network due to which everything works as expected.

This usually happens if you are using the most commonly used network IDs like 192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.1.0/24.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• Hello shiprasahu93 ,

thanks for your answer. I am not using that most comonly used networks.....Besides this, In my ethernet, I am using same network that works perfectly via wifi :-(

For example, 192.168.20.x works ok over WiFi, and 192.168.20.y over ethernet doesn't...

I couldn't find the problem yet...

Thanks for your help.

• It is possible this is a driver issue on windows or interaction of the driver with GVC. Update your NIC driver/windows to the latest and make sure you reinstall GVC on the latest version too and let us know how that goes.

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hi @SWuservpn

Since its happening in your all computer, Please check your Router Ethernet interface is enabled any port security / ACL for the service restrictions.

• Hello, MasterRoshi, and thanks for your answer. It was the first thing I did....several times in my pc.

• SWuservpnSWuservpn Newbie ✭
    edited December 2020

Hi Ajishlal, thanks for your answer. I don't have restrictions on LAN ports of my router. It happens using different home routers...

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SWuservpn

Can make sure your DNS of your Ethernet & Wifi is same?

If you are using a host name, please try once using its IP address instead. If that works, the problem has to do with DNS resolution.

• RogerMoranRogerMoran Newbie ✭

Hello @SWuservpn

I have had exactly the same problem ever since I first installed GVC on my laptop. Alas I have no solution to offer, but just wanted you to know that the issue is not unique to you.

• SWuservpnSWuservpn Newbie ✭

Hello Ajishlal , same DNS, not dns issue.

Thanks RogerMoran . It is a very strange issue...

Thanks for your answer.

• HestronicbvHestronicbv Newbie ✭

Hello,

i have here same issue.. does anybody the solution?

• GMartinGMartin Newbie ✭

You may want to check the IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service to see if it is automatically running. We have found issues that it is set to Automatic instead of Manual on certain devices. Once we changed the startup type to Manual and stopped the service. We found it to fix some Global VPN connection issues.