Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

What is cloudSyncTask? The task is pegging CPU 0 on NSA3650 and blocking syslog, and snmp.

The SonicWall 3650 pair is showing 100% CPU 0 load when the task, cloudSyncTask, is running. The effect is that syslog and snmp processing stops. Sometime OSPF updates stop.  The only fix is to reboot.

What uses cloudSyncTask?  Could I tune something like dynamic botnet download to prevent the broken task.

It may be related to dynamic botnet. After I cleared "Enable Dynamic Botnet List" the firewall is running longer without syslog issues. (Security Services --> botnet --> Settings).

The following shows the pegged CPU0. (from the Diagnostics page)

Category: Mid Range Firewalls
Tagged:

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓

@GMP,

I see a similar reported issue where the "enable dynamic botnet list" download causing CloudSyncTask to reach 100% usage. This is reported under issue ID: GEN6-2190.

Do you have the "dynamic botnet list" enabled on the firewall? If yes, looks like there is a Hotfix firmware already available to take care of this issue. Please reach out to the Support Team for the same.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services