Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How does SonicWall define "Alert" in NSM and what does it mean?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Here is a pure-play NSM home page. This device was never in CSC-MA and was installed via Zero Touch. The NSM Version is 2.2.0-R10-H1.

I am concerned about and have questions regarding the Alert Center at the bottom of the screen.

First of all, why is the fact that I logged in to NSM considered an Alert and not merely Information?

Second, in this Alert Center why is this RED icon used to indicate an Alert?

Third, why, when I view the Notification Center do all of these Alerts appear with a YELLOW icon?

Fourth, are you tracking these logons? I can't generate reports, so I cannot honestly tell.

Fifth, if you ARE tracking logons, why - again - are they ALERTS?

Sixth, and if you are NOT tracking logons, why - SERIOUSLY - are they ALERTS?

Because, right now, when I access this dashboard, I have to IGNORE - and delete - this spurious data (which I have to confirm, and which gets logged) so I can focus on items that are supposed to deserve my attention.

Lots of questions here. I'm looking for some answers.

Category: Network Security Manager

Answers

• limesparkslimesparks Newbie ✭

Honestly, the whole thing is a mess. I noticed the items you describe also. They are only the tip of the iceberg of issues with this platform.

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

Bumping this thread because the ability to properly dismiss the alerts is supposed to be fixed in NSM 2.3.3, due out sometime in December 2021.

However, no one on SonicWall's NSM team has answered these questions or offered explanations.