Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

How to generate license Key for trial version NSv appliance

After deployment of the appliance, the system info still shows as unlicensed is it normal? i tried below steps to get it licenced but ni luck. How do I get the activation keyset to enter manually?

Not able to register sonicwall from appliance portal

Captcha is not visible when I tried from the hyperlink on the license page step 1.

Category: Virtual Firewall

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hi @KAKOLLUKUMAR,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Did you not get a Serial Number and Auth Code when activating the Trail License for the NSv on the MySonicWall (MSW)? Could you please check once on your MSW?

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Hi @Saravanan

Yes, i did receive the serial number and Auth code. Below to manually register a Keyset needed? how can I get a keyset?

• @Saravanan Shell, we have a quick zoom meeting to address the issue? if it is possible?

Hi @KAKOLLUKUMAR,

Does this NSv not having Internet access to register? If yes, please try the steps listed in the below KB article to register it.

Hope this will help.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• @Saravanan

NSv has access to the internet and I tried step 1 no changes applied.

Step 2 is giving the below error.

in the manual way as you specified in the KB which you shared i have updated the GUID but Keyset is not visible.

And when i click add keyset to product its giving below error

Hi @KAKOLLUKUMAR,

Could you please try to obtain the Keyset using Classic Mode View on the MSW? Just give it a try and see if Keyset appears.

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services

• @Saravanan

Could you please let me know which option i have to choose to go to classic mode view on MSW.?

Hi @KAKOLLUKUMAR,

I believe Classic Mode is no more with MSW. Just checked and confirmed. Sorry about that. The best way to address this is to contact our Support team and get the issue fixed.

Support folks should be able to help you on this. Have a good one!!!

Regards

Saravanan V

Professional Services