Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

AWS Site to Site VPN / SonicWall Tunnel Configuration

Hi all,

I am having problems setting up a site-to-site VPN with our AWS VPC and an enduser using SonicWall router, and I am having difficulty understanding exactly how to configure the two pieces. If anyone could take a chance to look at the information below, I would be thankful for guidance on how/what information to send to our enduser to get them connected up!

On our AWS side, we have the following configuration:

Public IP: 1.1.1.1 (obv hidden for these purposes)

Inside IP CIDR: 169.254.123.216/30

Once connected, I would like them to access my VPC on 10.20.0.0/16, more specifically access a server on a specific IP 10.20.5.99.

What information would I pass along, along with the passphrase/VPN public addresses to help hook up a SonicWall router to our site-to-site VPN, and set up the appropriate tunnel to pass along the traffic to the appropriate subnet/ec2 instance once connected?

Category: SSL VPN

Best Answers

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@cameron_chapman,

Welcome to the SonicWall community.

Kindly inform them to create a numbered tunnel interface route-based VPN. Also, mention the phase 1 and phase 2 proposals along with the passphrase, VPN peer address, and the network IDs.

So, basically, they need to use 169.254.123.216/30 as the tunnel interface IP and 10.20.0.0/16 as the remote network on the SonicWall end.

We also support integration with AWS. Kindly take a look at this KB below.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CORRECT ANSWER
    shiprasahu93shiprasahu93 Moderator
    Answer ✓

@cameron_chapman ,

The remote network that is 10.20.0.0/16 is added in the destination field of the static route that you would need to create for this VPN. The 169.254.123.216/30 as the tunnel interface IP can be added from MANAGE | Network | Interfaces section as per the screenshot below.

I hope this helps!

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

Answers