Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Licenses

Hello,

I'm looking at the SonicWall mobile VPN app for iOS and would like to know if users connect to via this AND via a NetExtender client from their laptops devices will they take two licenses?

I noticed that if users login to the portal and use a NetExtender client they do in fact take up two licenses and would like to know if this is by design or a fault and users should only be licensed once for connections from mobiles and laptops.

Thanks

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Phil1aap

yes they count as two, which is unfortunate because it's very common to have a persistent connection from the mobile phone to the Exchange Server via ActiveSync offload and a NetExtender/Portal session at the same time.

--Michael@BWC

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Phil1aap

today I was monitoring a SMA 500v running 10.2.0.6 and a user was logged into two ApplicationOffload Portals, which was eating up two licenses in the past. But according to the license consumption (7 Sessions active / 6 User Licensed) it counted in that case only for one.

Maybe you should check this in your deployment if this is valid for NetExtender and Offload as well.

--Michael@BWC