Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Licenses

Hello,

I'm looking at the SonicWall mobile VPN app for iOS and would like to know if users connect to via this AND via a NetExtender client from their laptops devices will they take two licenses?

I noticed that if users login to the portal and use a NetExtender client they do in fact take up two licenses and would like to know if this is by design or a fault and users should only be licensed once for connections from mobiles and laptops.

Thanks

Category: Secure Mobile Access Appliances

Answers

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Phil1aap

yes they count as two, which is unfortunate because it's very common to have a persistent connection from the mobile phone to the Exchange Server via ActiveSync offload and a NetExtender/Portal session at the same time.

--Michael@BWC

• Options
    BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @Phil1aap

today I was monitoring a SMA 500v running 10.2.0.6 and a user was logged into two ApplicationOffload Portals, which was eating up two licenses in the past. But according to the license consumption (7 Sessions active / 6 User Licensed) it counted in that case only for one.

Maybe you should check this in your deployment if this is valid for NetExtender and Offload as well.

--Michael@BWC