Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

LAN and WAN LEDs

Sonicwall TZ200

This firewall has been running for a few years.

Approximately 4 users on network.

This week pings to Google, the cable provider, and another router on the VPN DNS have either pinged great or 'request timed out'.

On the Sonicwall TZ200 the WAN light is out most of the time but the amber light for activity is blinking. The LAN light and X2 are both constantly on.

Note I used a spare TZ200, exported the config from the orig and imported to the spare with better results but still the WAN light is out and I get intermittent pings (15-20 work great, then several with request timed out).

Suggestions?

Darryl

Category: Firewall Management and Analytics

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi @ACETech,

Thank you for visiting SonicWall Community.

Have you tried pinging the SonicWall's LAN interface and found any drops? This can tell if the ping drops internal or external.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• ACETechACETech Newbie ✭

By LAN interface you mean the gateway address (192.168.1.1) or the public address? I can ping the gateway IP with no drops.

Thanks,

Darryl

Note also I tried two different TZ200.

One at a time I connected them to the cable modem. I do not get a indicator light showing connected on either the TZ200 or the cable modem.

I can plug the cable modem into the switch and get a immediate light.

Looking at the LAN config it shows a status of 'no link'.

I copied the configuration from the original TZ200 to the 2nd TZ200.

I have not worked on these units in some time as they just work (except for the updates which I haven't done one in months to these).

Also note the cable modem was replaced today.

Thanks for any ideas.

Darryl

I will do the diagnostic on the units Friday morning as requested by Saravanan V. Thanks.

• Sure, thanks @ACETECH

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @ACETech ,

Was your question successfully answered?