Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

CSC-MA settings not in sync with settings on unit

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'am still in the process of getting familiar with CSC-MA and currently I'am struggling a bit.

Why are the configuration settings shown on CSC-MA not in sync with the settings on the appliance itself? In my case, Certificates and Firewall Rules are missing, the licenses does not seem to be correct etc.

How does this stuff work behind the curtain? Shouldn't CSC-MA sync the settings back into the cloud? It preempts me all the time, so there is some form of connection.

Thanks.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Security Center

Best Answer

• CORRECT ANSWER
    mabdeljawadmabdeljawad SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi Michael

Its recommended to unify the management of the firewalls, so its better to always do the configuration changes from the CSC.

And in case you want to do changes direct from firewalls, then you can sync the configuration manually from the CSC interface;

From CSC management tab, go to System, then Tools, from there you can do a synchronization of the settings.

Regards

Mahmoud

Answers

• KaranMKaranM Administrator

Hello@BWC

After a bit of research on my end, this is what I found:

1. CSC-MA will preempt the firewall admin when synchronizing settings.
    2. Synchronizing the settings should include all configurations of the firewall, however, this basic sync will not synchronize licenses.
    3. If licenses were renewed for a firewall following it being acquired in CSC, you will have to manually synchronize the licenses on the System|Tools page (within CSC).

Licenses are not included in the EXP, which is used to sync the firewall configuration. This is the reason you will need to manually sync the licenses. The only way to avoid this manual sync after updating licenses would be to apply new license activation codes via CSC. This will allow CSC, Firewall, and MySonicWall.com to be updated with the new license information at the same time.

If there are issues seen with some firewall configurations that are not seen in CSC, this may require further assistance with Support as we would expect all configurations to be shown.

Thank You

Knowledge Management Senior Analyst at SonicWall.

• Hello,

CSC integration with SMA 10.2.0.1 patch and this is yet to be release.

This is upcoming patch and this will be released by end of April 2020, tentatively.

Vijay Kumar KV

Enterprise Tech Support Consultant | SME

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'am using CSC-MA for my TZ 400 at home and checked back. Settings are still not imported after 1 1/2 month, a fetch information did not helped either. Capture ATP log only shows up to March 30th.

CSC-MA is preempting but not doing it's thing.

--Michael@BWC

• If I was you, I would just delete and redo the configuration on CSC first and make sure to leave it alone until everything is done.

It should preempt you on initial configuration and not again. There is clearly an issue where support needs to take a look.

You mean deleting the appliances from the CSC and adding it again? Frankly I don't wanna CSC as my main configuration interface, because it's so slow, compared to the local configuration on the appliance. Matter of fact, mostly all cloud services (HES, CSC, ...) are pretty slow.

--Michael@BWC

edited April 2020

Hi Mahmoud,

manual sync worked flawlessly, it took a while but all settings seem to be in sync now. I was under the impression that the settings sync automatically, but I was mistaken here.

BUT the imported certificates are not synced back into CSC-MA, is there anything else missing which is not that obvious?

--Michael@BWC