Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Monthly executive report missing data

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

I'm in the process of working case 43547825 because a monthly Flow report contains 3 errors like this:

It also has the "Live" charts; however, there's no data on them, despite the legends.

I won't give any client a document with errors. Period.

So, I have to spend the time to track down exactly what's wrong and which team needs to take corrective action.

I'm looking forward to next week's Boundless presentations, but if no one discusses the need for improved Quality Assurance in ALL product lines, then I'm going to be a little bit more than peeved.

Category: Capture Security Center

Answers

• Hi @LARRY,

Do you see data on the CSC UI? Could you run the report manually and check once if the report contains data? This is to isolate the issue towards only scheduled reports or complete CSC report.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

@Saravanan I was in a remote session with a tech when we attempted to get to the CSC UI - but the 502 error prevented that. I won't have time to pick that up again until much later today.

However, we checked last month's scheduled report. It showed all the "Live" data, but it had two "exceeded 5 minutes" errors. To me, that indicates there is a problem on the back-end with this report's production.

edited November 2020

Today's update:

According to Jira NAM-177 this is resolved in CSC 1.7.3 and NSM

Customer will need to wait for next public release or migrate manually to NSM

I'm not about to embark on an excursion of the latter...

Guess I'll wait a few weeks for 1.7.3.

• @Larry - Thanks for the update.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

I am picking this thread up once again.

My case, 43547825 was closed shortly after I posted in November. The status at the time was what I posted. The case was closed with ANYONE from SonicWall Support checking with me if the reports were correct after the update to 1.7.3.

Well, a few months in and lo and behold, the error persists. So much for their vaunted QA on this issue.

I am now going to test with one client device that went directly into NSM and avoided the CSC-MA side of things, however I don't have very high hopes...