Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Suddently there is no access to X0

the firewall is protecting an area inside the office, so LAN (X0) is subnet 10.20.3.x/24 and WAN (X1) is 10.10.3.x/24.

WAN accesses some servers in LAN.

we have X3 with other computers being accessed via Teamviewer and VNCserver. X3 works fine.

The problem is that all communications between LAN an WAN died suddently and the firewall is not showing any error that I could see.

Can you please help me find out????

Thanks a lot in advance

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @Cesar,

Please take a look at the KB below.

Let us know what results you are seeing.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• CesarCesar Newbie ✭

Hi @shiprasahu93 ,

thanks for the KB but didn't work out. Everything is set as expected. In fact, everything was working fine until it stopped working without any configuration change.

• @Cesar,

1) Are you able to reach the firewall from a LAN device? If not, please connect a machine directly on X0 interface and check.

2) If you ping 8.8.8.8 from a LAN machine, are you getting replies? If this is working, please check if you can ping google.com instead.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• AjishlalAjishlal Community Legend ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cesar ;

Please follow the below steps;

Step 1: On the SonicWall, Navigate to System |Diagnostics. Choose Ping in the “Diagnostic utility” drop down in the Sonic OS Standard and Enhanced firmware. (In 6.x firmware Click Tools > Diagnostics).

Step 2: Ping your ISP’s Default Gateway or any IP that is pingable on the Internet (e.g. 4.2.2.2).

Step 3: If the Ping is alive, check the  for the computers in the LAN.The default Gateway must be the SonicWall LAN IP address.

Step 4: Click Firewall > Access Rules, disable any “Deny” rules from LAN to WAN

Step 5: Check the DNS settings on the client PCs to make sure they can resolve domain names on the Internet.

Step 6 : If you are still unable to go online, connect a computer directly to the ISP modem / router and make sure you are able to go online. If not, please call your Internet service provider for further assistance.

• CesarCesar Newbie ✭

@shiprasahu93 ,

if I ping 8.8.8.8 from a machine in LAN, I get "destination host unreachable"

Best

• @Cesar,

Please check what IP address is present on that machine and if SonicWall X0 IP is the default gateway for that machine.

Are you able to ping the SonicWall X0 IP from the LAN machine or you seeing the same result?

If yes, then it seems to be problem with local connectivity or IP address assignment.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• CesarCesar Newbie ✭

@shiprasahu93 ,

configuration in the client PC:

IP: 10.20.3.110

mask: 255.255.255.0

GW: 10.20.3.141

DNS: 8.8.8.8

FW's X0 IP: 10.20.3.141

When I ping X0, the answer is "destination host unreachable". It looks like the interface went down, but in the firewall I can see it is up and running.

• @Cesar,

Could you please have this machine connected directly on the X0 interface bypassing the switch and then test?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• CesarCesar Newbie ✭

@shiprasahu93 ,

I will go to the apapratus room and do that. Are you suspicious of the switch servicing LAN subnet?

• @Cesar,

Yes, exactly.

Shipra Sahu