Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

ToC - URL Protection outage

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi all,

even https://status.sonicwall.com does not show any outage, the URL Protection is failing ALL requests, at least for the Frankfurt, DE hosted instance. Seems to be the case for a while now.

Hopefully it will be fixed shortly because this was a silent error until customers were complaining :(

--Michael@BWC

Category: Email Security Appliances

Comments

• ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@Michael@BWC just one second to slow .. had not seen you already posted this. Same for my customers.

--Thomas

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thomas, a Systems Engineer already confirmed our problem to me and they are working on it. It's there for 7+ hours already as far as I know, a bit disappointing.

--Michael@BWC

@THK - 24+ hours later, still not working and no mention on https://status.sonicwall.com - did you got any update on your support ticket in the meantime?

--Michael@BWC

• Hi All,

Our support team confirmed this issue has been resolved. Do let us know if you continue to experience any issues with the ToC service.

Regards, Micah

@micah - SonicWall's Self-Service Sr. Manager

edited September 2020

Hi @Micah

you sure about this?

Or is that just already rewritten URLs are no longer working?

UPDATE: It seems that rewritten URLs before the fix are not working. I've tested a moment ago with a new URL and it worked.

--Michael@BWC

• Thank you for the update, @BWC.

no we still have some customer with this block page. very few information on this issue -

Hi @ThK

I tried the above url and the rewritten request went through just fine. Did you used an URL before the fix or a fresh one?

--Michael@BWC

@BWC Hello Michael, i tried my url again not working. This was composed on 17-9-20 at customers. Some other customers had issues at begin this week but they could work with the original links after the fix.

I think this issue is a fresh one.

--Thomas

• Thank you @ThK, we are actively looking into this... more to come.

• ShubhamShubham SonicWall Employee
    edited October 2020

Hi All,

The Time of Click issue blocks some of the genuine URL in the email. We have observed a few different scenarios where this can occur. One of the common issues has been resolved as of Sep 29th. This should help with most cases. We are planning to fix the other issues in the upcoming release. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. In case you are still facing any issues, please create a support case and provide the samples to the SonicWall Technical Support team.

--Product Team