Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

I did a factory reset on a tz100 and it won't sync now

RageRage Newbie ✭

I have a TZ100 with a Global VPN Client licence. (Well Had GVPN)

We moved the office and decided that the previous configurations were not worth saving.

** Faster to just start over...

So I powered it off and held the button etc. to get it back to factory.

Upon logging into the firewall it showed unregistered, and no Global VPN.

1st I went mysonicwall.com and used the code/key on the web to attempt to manually re-register the tz100.

The red text about need to register was gone, but no Global VPN license.

I looked around and discovered Synchronize on the License tab, but it fails, it is not able to connect, and something about the time being off. (The Time is correct)

So, how do I resolve re-activating the license that I see online?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Category: MySonicWall

Best Answers

Answers

• SaravananSaravanan Moderator

Hello @Rage,

As per your description looks like you lost the GVC licenses after factory resetting the TZ 100 appliance. You could try below of my suggestions and see if any of these helps.

1. Login to the MySonicWall account and ensure the amount of GVC licenses entitled for the TZ 100's serial number is shown right. (This will confirm if the issue is with MySonicWall or license sync issue on the firewall GUI).
    2. The error that you got last time seems related to "Time". In the past, I have experienced similar issues and upgrading the firmware on the SonicWall appliance to the latest version did the trick for me. Please check for firmware on the firewall and upgrade, if its not latest one.
    3. If the above 2 steps doesn't help, then follow the steps listed in the below KB article and it should make a difference.

Note: Please ensure to clear browser cache's when attempting the re-registration process.

Please update here for any clarifications.

Regards

Saravanan V

Technical Support Advisor - Premier Services

Professional Services

• Hello @Rage,

The error regarding Time while registering the TZ 100 could be due to old firmware (5.8.x.x). You can upgrade the firmware to 5.9.1.13 and test the registration again as mentioned by @Saravanan1990_V .

I would just like to add that the TZ 100 is an EoL device where the last support date was 15th Nov 2017. You can refer the following link for the product lifecycle.

You can contact your local Sales representative or the Sales team from SonicWall if you wish to upgrade this device. You can use the link below to contact the SonicWall Sales team.

I hope that helps!

Thanks and stay safe!!

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• NevyadithaNevyaditha Moderator

Hi @Rage ,

Can you please confirm if you are trying the manual registration on the appliance or you have the device connected with a active WAN connection?

Also, please ensure you follow the steps in the KB below for the license manager connectivity issues:

Thank you...

Nevyaditha P

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• RageRage Newbie ✭

Sorry got side tracked. (Life happens)

I will try out your suggestions and report back.

• SriSri Moderator

Hello @Rage

Could you please let us know if your issue is fixed.

Thanks and Regards,

Sridevi G

Global Service Account Manager,Premier Services