Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

SentinelOne Endpoint Protection - Browser Extension

BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering why there is so little information about the SentinelOne Browser Extension, that got installed on my System (macOS 10.15), at least for Safari but not for Chrome and Firefox. It wasn't enabled by default, which is a good thing.

I couldn't find any information that discloses what kind of information is gathered and transferred to whom? In the aftermath of the Avast debacle I would wish for more transparency.

The Chrome web store shows some information, but it's SonicWall Capture Client after all and SonicWall should tell:

From a security point of view it seems to be a good idea, but privacy concerns are another story.

--Michael@BWC

Category: Capture Client

Comments

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Addendum (because edit my post isn't working):

To quote SentinelOne "Malware's Golden Key User Data". The Safari extension that got installed with Capture Client requests access to read data from ANY web site including password, phone numbers and credit card information, IF ENABLED.

Just saying, a few explanatory words from SonicWall would be highly appreciated.

• shreyas_kadur_1shreyas_kadur_1 SonicWall Employee

The browser extension is a part of SentinelOne's deep visibility offering which SonicWall Capture Client does not offer yet. If the extension is getting installed on mac when Capture Client is installed please raise a support ticket.