Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

3.1.1 autoinstall although its set to sefmanged

ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭
I today i noticed on my first tenent that 3.1.1 was installed. I have the policies set to selfmange 3.1 ! 3.1 has disapperard in the available clients. And CSC distributes the new 3.1.1 !
Why ? Does anyone also see that happen ?
Regards Thomas
Category: Capture Client

Best Answer

Answers

• BWCBWC Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Hi @THK,

yes, 3.1.0 seems to be replaced by 3.1.1, not exactly the meaning of self-managed :)

--Michael@BWC

• SuroopMCSuroopMC SonicWall Employee
    As mentioned in our email communications on July 27th, 3.1.1 is truly a replacement for 3.1.0, which also means that 3.1.0 was withdrawn. Thus in all sensed, we replaced all installations of 3.1.0 with 3.1.1. This was also mentioned on our email..
  • ThKThK Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

@BWC in the policy you can fix the version as self managed installation file or you let sonicwall automatically distribute the newest versions.

@SuroopMC i wonder reading tons of email from sonicwall should have miss this information. Not that it should be a big problem but i have some Installations which causes me some trouble with the Upgrade from 2.0.28 to 3.0.11 on win7 machines. It causes the WindowsScreen into a look mode were the Capture-Installer could not display the information that the KB2999266 must be installed on the machine. Although it is installed.

I have a Case 43431164 opened for that. And we agreed delegate this win7 machine to a group were the policy only force 2.0.28 with no update.

And within your update to 3.1.1 this is overritten! And i get Trouble again while the client now wants to install 3.1.1 what is NOT allowed through my policy. But YOU did!

Why?

--Thomas