Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

When 6.5.4.6 for NSv?

SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Is 6.5.4.6 firmware coming soon to the ESXi NSv range? The latest is 6.5.4.4 but this has been very buggy on physical appliances. I'm in the process of installing a new NSv to production and I'd much rather go straight to 6.5.4.6 than to push my luck and do the switchover to production on 6.5.4.4.

Category: Virtual Firewall
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• rkronenbergrkronenberg Newbie ✭

Hi,

may i ask what problems you see with 6.5.4.4 on physical appliances ?

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

For example the inability to send email with attachments from Outlook and to send files with WeTransfer. These are also a problem with 6.5.4.5 but seem to be fixed in 6.5.4.6. This is without having DPI-SSL even turned on, might have something to do with SSL Control because 6.5.4.6 had something fixed relating to that.

These are just the ones I saw very quickly after updating, others have seen much more. There's a whole thread about various issues over at Spiceworks.

• Halon5Halon5 Enthusiast ✭✭

Hey @SonicAdmin80

We turned off DPI-SSL Content Filtering tick box to workaround the DPI-SSL issues with 6.5.4.5 as I recall.

6.5.4.6 seems better (we have it on all our Gen6 TZ's) but 2/3 NSa's failed and had to be rolled back. Hotfix now available (untested by us). Let me know if you want the details.

Kindly, Steph.

• SonicAdmin80SonicAdmin80 Cybersecurity Overlord ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info. Luckily 6.5.4.4 for NSv doesn't seem to have the same problems as the version for physical appliances. I've run one NSv with 6.5.4.4 for a few weeks without problems.

• TIJUTIJU Moderator

Hi @SonicAdmin80 Looks like you are running 6.5.4.4-44v-21-987 build which includes lot of hotfixes as well.