Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Chrome SSO - What do you do?

Hi All,

Just wondering what others do in regards to SSO options for ChromeOS devices?

Currently we have them in an IP range, and just a basic CFC policy applied, but would ideal like to track and authenticate users, and assign different CFC policy's, ideally with no user intervention. Just like windows devices and SSO.

I know Sophos has an agent for ChromeOS, that matches the AD email address and assigns a policy that way. Fingers crossed that SonicOS7 will have this,

Thanks,

Category: Mid Range Firewalls

Answers

• Hello @MartinDT,

We can use ULA (User level authentication) or browser NTLM for Chrome OS as of now. But, if you are participating in Gen 7 beta, feel free to provide that feedback.

Changing this discussion to 'Mid range Firewalls' category for better results!

Thank you

Shipra Sahu

Technical Support Advisor, Premier Services

• MartinDTMartinDT Newbie ✭

We are looking to use browser NTLM for them, but that's another login box they need to login to after logging into the device.

@shiprasahu93 do you know if this feature might be arriving in Gen7? If not can we add it as a feature request?

• @MartinDT,

None that I am aware of but let me check some more.

Also, just to understand this better, you are looking for a way to use SSO agent that not only finds the username of the Windows workstations but do something similar for Chrome OS as well?

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu

• MartinDTMartinDT Newbie ✭

That's right, we will have around 1,500 Chrome Devices come September... Users log in using an email address, which is synced from AD to Google.

I know some other vendors have implemented an agent that runs on the chrome devices, which can match the login email address, against AD, find what AD groups they are in and assigns a CF policy that is assigned to that AD Group.

We use Directory Services connector, to do SSO on windows devices, but with more and more ChromeOS devices, we could do with a way to authenticate them. As depending who you are you get different CFC policy's,

• @MartinDT,

So, we do not have anything requested as such just yet. I will file this as a feedback which will in turn go to the PM team. I will keep you posted on this.

Thanks for sharing this with us so that we can see what can be done for this situation.

Thanks!

Shipra Sahu