Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

WAN port flapping on TZ270 connecting to Cable Modem

2»

Answers

• Issue still persists 2+ months later with latest 7.1.1 code on TZ270s. 3 more sites with similar issues this month alone, again with Bell Hub 2000 router/modems (Canada). Fixing X1 to 1G/FD made no difference, but adding a dumb little gig switch between them seems to help, another spof.

Freddy...

• I'm back!!

Now I suspect it may be code, either on the SonicWall side or the ISP modem/router side. I now have an NSa2700 which just experienced the same symptom. I put a little 5 port HP Gig switch between the X1 interface and the ISP, the problem goes away.

• mtremmelmtremmel Newbie ✭
    edited June 6

Same issue here. Newest firmware 7.1.1-7051 on a TZ270. Customer will complain of no internet. Reboot modem and the issue is corrected. Before the reboot I can ping their static but it has almost 98% packet loss after the reboot the connection is stable. I placed a small 5 port unmanaged switch between the modem and the SW yesterday. So far no more drops . The modem is a Hitron Coda-4589 with software version 7.2.4.5.2b5 from Breezeline (formerly atlantic broadband). I should also note that we had breezeline come out and naturally they blame the SW. The tech insisted that a full hard reset of the modem would fix it. Well the next day the issue occurred again. The signal levels on this modem are almost perfect and there are no SNR issues on the node at all. This issue seems to have started at least for this customer in Feb 2024. Firmware in February was 7.0.1. We updated to the 7.11-7051 hoping the issue would be resolved but it was not so I am leaning now towards the modem being the issue. We have customers with Breezeline and a TZ270 with an Arris S33 with no issues.

• mtremmelmtremmel Newbie ✭

Update : Placing an unmanaged switch between the Modem and SW fixed the issue.