Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Mouse Inactivity Check option

CF_ADMINCF_ADMIN Newbie ✭

Hi, Up to date documentation seems to be lacking at some places regarding SSLVPN timeout settings in latest versions of SonicOs.

I can't see any documentation about the behavior of the Mouse inactivity check toggle.
The thing I know is the timeout setting stopped to be enforced since a couple of versions (currently on 7.1.1-7051 ), users can stay connected their whole week and I didn't change any configuration.

Is this option:

- The solution to avoid the problems lots of people had? (yes, all my users are all currently on 0 minutes inactivity time)

• Can it be a security flaw if activated.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge/experience

Category: SSL VPN
Tagged:

Answers

• JiffJiffJiffJiff Newbie ✭

@CF_ADMIN

I have also noticed that since the update to 7.1.1, I can have users on for long periods of time. I also have the same question you do about mouse inactivity check.

• CF_ADMINCF_ADMIN Newbie ✭

Anything?

• CF_ADMINCF_ADMIN Newbie ✭

I can't find anything but this documentation:

Other than that, this very thread Is one of the top results on google if looking for ''sonicwall mouse activity''

https://www.sonicwall.com/support/knowledge-base/inactivity-timeout-for-netextender/180908082231237/

• TaylorTaylor Newbie ✭

Obviously this is not any official documentation but I happened to be in the pre-deployment testing phase rather than production so I was able to test the behavior of the "Mouse Inactivity Check" in my environment. It appears to be an inactivity measure implemented via the NetExtender client. My test user session was still listing the time remaining and the inactivity time remaining as unlimited however when the client had no mouse activity for 10 minutes, it disconnected with a message saying that the session has expired.

I'm running 7.1.1-7058…

Hopefully this can help someone.