Join the Conversation

To sign in, use your existing MySonicWall account. To create a free MySonicWall account click "Register".

Options

Phone Support wait time?

LarryLarry All-Knowing Sage ✭✭✭✭

It has been a very long time since I had to call for phone support on a TZ Gen 7 device, but that's where I am today. I've listened to this awful music for over 20 minutes now.

Does anyone have a recent prognosis of "normal" wait times these days?

Problem to resolve: Client with a TZ670 that - literally last week - started being unable to access a variety of websites (primarily used to obtain rebates from manufacturers for themselves and clients). The common denominator: All use CloudFlare as a CDN. While NsLooup.io shows these websites to be US-based, the System Log shows traffic being blocked from several foreign Geo-IP blocked countries during the attempt at resolution. I'm not sure what's going on but it is taking up to 10 minutes for some of these sites to appear in the browser.

Thanks!

Category: Entry Level Firewalls

Best Answers

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    Answer ✓

Follow-up.

It took 25 minutes total before a CSR picked up the call. I guess that's OK (except for the music).

Further testing this morning using Chrome's Developer Tools showed that a CSS file common to the sites was taking an incredibly long time to load. They came from use.fontsawesome.com, which the IP address shows as CloudFlare, but which the firewall was indicating was Spain. I added an Address Object to my customer Geo-IP blocked exclusion list and all returned to normal.

Gonna ask that CSR just what the heck this is all about...

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Larry

The domain use.fontawesome.com resolves to IP addresses 172.64.206.38 and 172.64.207.38. However, our firewall identifies these addresses' location as "Spain," contrary to their designation as "US" on our Capture Labs portal at https://capturelabs.sonicwall.com/m/feature/ip-reputation-lookup. Our Engineering team has been informed of this inconsistency and is investigating the matter.

• Options
    CORRECT ANSWER
    MustafaAMustafaA SonicWall Employee
    Answer ✓

@Larry , I'd suggest to submit those IP addresses to be reviewed by our team.

https://capturelabs.sonicwall.com/m/feature/ip-reputation-lookup/

Answers

• Options
    edited February 14

@MustafaA - Your Capture Labs site shows IPs 94.156.64.239 and 94.156.67.57 as Bulgaria (which matches the site's System Log). However, AbuseIPDB shows them as Limenet, which is based in The Netherlands.

Also 5.181.170.244 SW identifies as as Russia versus other parties show France.

What am I to make of these discrepancies?